New Delhi World Book Fair (NDWBF) is one of the biggest event in India for book lovers. It is organized every year by National Book Trust since last 41 years. For the current year (2015), it is presently going on in Pragati Maidan from 14 to 22 February. Many national and international book publishers showcase their published books in the fair.
This year National Book Trust has launched a mobile application to assist the visitors. For now, the application is available only for Android platform. The app is being divided into different sections as below.
- About Us – Details about the New Delhi World Book Fair
- Exhibitors – Details of publishers based on their name, products, halls and language
- Venue – Map of various halls at the venue and route guidance
- Event – Calendar of many events happening during the fair
- Share App – Option of sharing app via default Android share menu
- Coupon – Discount coupons for purchasing the books in the fair
- Near By – Nearby attractions and route guidance
- QR Code – Know about exhibitors by scanning the QR code
- Locate Exhibitor – Locate an exhibitor
- My Favorite – Favorite exhibitors for taking reference in future
- Social Media -Links for social media pages of the fair
Look and feel of the app is neither very great nor very bad, it can be called just okay. When I run the app for first time after installing, it asked for registration i.e. Name, Mobile and Email. I think registration details should not be mandatory as I doubt many people will exit the app at this point. I myself has put some garbage values as I did not feel any need to give my personal information to the app. I liked the Venue section of the app much as it gives details of the halls and what’s inside the hall. Pragati Maidan is very big area and the app helped me in finding the hall and stalls of my interest.
Overall the app is good. I would recommend you to install the app if you are planning to attend the New Delhi World Book Fair.